Come Join Us In Person for Fun, Informative Events In and About Oregon!
Look below the events listings for a short video of our “Treasure and Loot Bus Tour.”
- This event has passed.
Murderers, Manes and Malevolence – A Horror Bus Tour of Dark Portland
May 8, 2014 @ 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Kick Ass Oregon History is PROUD to partner with the World Horror Convention 2014 to offer a bus tour in conjunction with their Portland gathering! It’s like History and Horror got all mashed up together, on a drunken bus tour!!
We will pick up at the Double Tree Hotel on Thursday, May 8th at 8:00pm, aboard the Cascadia Cruiser, a former Jail Bus from California. We will roll around our sinister city, discussing topics involving lots of blood, gore, ghosts and general evilness. Oh – and we’ll sip on some fine Oregon craft beers as we roll about town too! Highlights include:
- Beers inside of one of Portland’s fabled whorehouses – crammed full with Dead Whore Ghosts. The place was so macabre that supposedly it was called The Bucket of Blood!
- Parking the bus outside infamous murder locations and discussing what happened therein (some of which are private residences – we’ll freak the hell out of the current, living residents – 30 drunk stalkers on a bus!).
- So you’ve heard of Shanghaiing, huh? How about visiting the supposed site of famous Shanghaier Bunco Kelly’s fabled find of 24 dying men drinking from the in the basement of the undertaker. It could happen to anyone!
- A discussion of and visit to the relevant plotting site of Oregon’s most famous grave desecration.
- And even More Freaky Cool Stories and Visits!
AND as a special treat, Guest Historian JD Chandler will take us to a few of his memorable murder sites!
What is the cost? Only $35! That covers the cost of the bus, the Kick Ass Historical presentations, and some pretzel sticks. Oh yes, and said malted beverage on the bus as well! You will be responsible for purchasing your own beverages at the bars we visit.
If that sounds like your idea of a fun and informative way to spend a Thursday night, click on the “Buy Now” button right down yonder….
Be forewarned! Our Bus Tours often sell-out FAST, so get a ticket NOW!
YOU MUST BE 21! Bring an Oregon or other US STATE ID, or your Passport.
DO NOT DRIVE AFTER THE TOUR! Take the bus, MAX, streetcar or a Radio cab. Have a sober friend drive you. Do not drive!
If YOU make a mess on the bus, and we incur additional cleaning fees, YOU will be charged that full amount. By your purchase, you agree to this shit…
YOU MUST HAVE FUN! (ok – you don’t HAVE to have fun… but you should!)
Never been on one of our Bus Tours? Not sure of what to expect? Well check this video out, Dude!